Welcome to Naval Intelligence Professionals San Diego!
We are a vibrant chapter with more than 125 local members. While our name is intelligence professionals, our organization includes and is open to any member from the information dominance community and those having an interest in Naval Intelligence/Information Dominance. If you are looking to join us, please feel free to contact any one below.
- President: CDR Brian Aker, USN
- Vice President: Jim Sanders
- Treasurer: Phil Eakin
- Secretary: Anthony Toriello
- CAPT (Ret) Chris Bott – email@example.com
- Steve Boraz
- CDR( Ret) Geno Spatafore – firstname.lastname@example.org
- CDR Ellen Chang – Ellen.Chang@navsoc.socom.mil
- Tiya DeGhetto
- Ray Kendall
- Stan Kowalsky
- Brian Lopez
- Tolu O’Brien
- JP Stefani
We host a mix of social, professional development and charitable events throughout the year. Our regular chapter events include:
- AFCEA West Social: In conjunction with AFCEA West in Late Jan/Early Feb. “West” brings out a veritable who’s who of the Information Dominance Community.
- Annual Meeting: April. We discuss the financial health of the chapter, vote for/install chapter members and set goals for the upcoming year.
- Promotion Social: July. We toast recently selected O 4s/O5s and O6s. This is not a wetting down! The drinks (for selectees) are on us.
- Golf Tournament: September/October. Our golf tournament is our seminal event. Proceeds from the event go to the Naval Intelligence Foundation scholarship fund. NIF is a charitable and educational organization created to advance knowledge in the art of naval intelligence, and to recognize and reward academic excellence and professional achievement in intelligence. NIF does this by generously supporting awards for naval enlisted and officer personnel, as well as academic scholarships for selected individuals.
In addition to the above, we hold socials/professional development events on an ad hoc basis when a senior Information Dominance professional is in town and has time to join us. Notification for these events is through e-mail and Facebook – contact Stacy Hanna to be added to the list.